I undertook to make this recipe without properly vetting my quinoa supplies. It turns out there was none at all to be had. There was plenty of couscous in there, so I made a snap-substitution. A little less whole grain, but otherwise this turned out just fine. Other variations:
- I would probably recommend about 1.5c Couscous, instead of the 2c I cooked.
- I toasted the couscous dry in the pan before adding water – then just turned it off when the water boiled and it was done. A lot easier than quinoa, really;
- I used coconut flakes and toasted those;
- Even though my macadamias were roasted, I also re-toasted them for flavor;
- Again used the mixed leafy greens from CSA, this time with a rough chop!
The greens will cook way down. Just look at those greens!
I would add even more next time.
Cook until just wilted. Yum.